Not Your Grandma's Diamond Ring
Granny Style is trending, yikes! But here at Misfit Diamonds, it is only in the best way: antique diamonds. The addition of antique diamonds to our catalog is very special to Misfit. We believe in the old-world quality these stones boast and now are offering them for your designing pleasure.
Some things we love about antique and vintage diamonds:
- Antique diamonds like Old European Cuts and Old Mine Cuts are each so unique! You may have two stones that are the same cut, carat, and gradings but they will each sparkle with their own vibe!
- Antique diamonds tend to face up whiter than they are graded and boast a chunky faceted sparkle like no other.
- Antique diamonds are an excellent choice if you are searching for ethical / eco friendly diamonds. They don’t contribute to any new mining of the earth like a new natural diamond, and don’t generate the carbon emissions the process of lab growing a diamond does.
- Antique diamonds were often hand cut! This is part of why they are so unique and have an intangible essence to them that modernly cut diamonds just don't have. Old Mine Cuts were just that, often cut by hand at the site of the mine!
- Vintage diamonds like Old European Cuts and Old Mine Cuts are *back* in popularity and it is fantastic. (Why did they ever leave!?)
One thing is for sure: These sparklers are all oldies but for sure goodies!